Thursday, September 12, 2013

So, Tell Me About It . . .

Yesterday, Claire's nanny took her to the zoo.  

When I got home, Claire was bright-eyed and energetic--clearly, she had enjoyed her outing.  So, I picked her up, sat her on the couch and started talking to her about it. 

"I hear you went to the zoo today, Claire Bear.  Did you have fun?"  

"Did you see animals?"

She was sooo vocal--she would squeal each time I asked her a question.

Then, I got an idea.  I picked up her PECs book (PECS stands for Picture Exchange Communication System), flipped to the section on animals, and asked her to tell me which animals she saw.  

I pointed to each picture, said the name of the animal, then asked her to "use her voice" to tell me if she saw that animal. 

These are the animals she picked. 



I checked with her nanny, and her choices were accurate!!

I told her nanny that I was really disappointed that she did not pick "monkey," because I thought for sure she would have seen the monkeys, but her nanny told me she skipped the monkey section during their visit.

How awesome is that?!!!  My girl is learning to communicate!

1 comment:

  1. That's my girl! So pleased to hear that she continues to show us just how smart she is!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...