Wednesday, July 18, 2018

When No News Is Not Good News

Nearly two years ago, I wrote a post titled "No News," in response to a comment from a reader who expressed concern over not having seen a post in a long while.


At the time, no news was good news.  Life was busy, chaotic, and fun.   We were a family of four, happily chugging through life.  Creating memories, traditions and routines.


But now, no news is not good news.  On March 29, 2018, our family changed when we lost our sweet Claire.  Suddenly, unexpectedly, without any indication.


It has been almost four months since Claire passed away, but the pain and sadness is just as raw.  Brad and I spend a lot of time comforting one another and striving to create joy and happiness for our son Caleb, who is now three.


We are still trying to process Claire's loss.  Not a day goes by that we don't miss her, and on many days, I find myself crying -- in my car, in my office, on airplanes, and even while watching my son get his hair cut. 


To help me work through my grief, I've decided to return to this blog.  My hope is to record my thoughts and feelings here, using the blog as an outlet for healing.  In the very least, my entries might give me something to look back on years from now, to help me remember these days, just like my early writings help me relive those joyful, hopeful, and sometimes scary early moments of Claire's life.


If you are reading this, I hope you will join me on this journey and find some value in my words.  In the very least, I hope you receive a small glimpse into the beautiful life we had with Claire and the transformation we are undergoing as we move into this next chapter.



1 comment:

  1. I’m devastated. I read your blog from the early days and it’s one I think about often. I posted a few years back and was delighted to get a message that all was well with you and yours.
    Claire is remembered even by those who don’t actually know her. I checked in here a few months back hoping I missed an update post. I’m so very sorry to see this one.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...