(Brad playing with Claire last Friday night. She thinks he's so silly!)
Recently, Claire had to have a developmental exam in order show she still qualifies for certain services she receives based on her disabilities.
Not surprisingly, she scored in the "less than 0.1" percentile in most categories.
However, in one category she scored in the 1st percentile.
Yes, it appears Claire's strongest skill is "Adult Interaction." She likes to be held, distinguishes between familiar voices and unfamiliar ones, and demonstrates displeasure when left alone in a room.
She is a social creature, just like her mom and dad. And THAT makes me smile.
(As an aside, being the over-achiever I am, I never thought I would be thrilled about a score in the 1st percentile, but somehow, through Claire, I've come to appreciate the little things in life and always find the silver lining.)
Yay for Claire! I can totally tell she's a social butterfly! :)
ReplyDelete(FYI, Bertrand still scores below the 0.1th percentile across the board, but that's because his awesomeness is unmeasurable. So, nothing wrong with that either. ;) There is a silver lining anywhere.)
Cristina - Your made me smile: "His awesomeness is unmeasurable"! That it is!
DeleteP.S. - I always tell people that when God made Claire, he saw how perfect he was and decided he had to "even the playing field" by giving her a disability. I think the same is true for Bertrand -- if he were typical, he would just be too awesome for the world to handle! ; )
I believe that the 1st percentile (and even the 0.1) stands for something that we already know......Claire is #1! Keep "reading" that book that I sent to her so my voice will be one of the familiar ones.
ReplyDelete