Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Duke Part Deux

We're home at last, so I thought I would quickly update on today's happenings. Today's visits went just as well as yesterday's. Here are the highlights:

  • OB Visit. We have a rough plan in place for Claire's delivery. My perinatologist in Atlanta will continue to follow me and provide regular updates to the OB at Duke. When we hit 36 weeks, we will do an amnio in Atlanta to check lung maturity. If the lungs look good, we will schedule a C-Section and head to Duke. If they don't, we'll wait a week.

  • Echocardiogram. Went very well. The heart looks completely normal!! (It took about an hour, and the whole time, I kept saying little prayers to myself hoping that everything would look okay.)

  • Tour of Birthing Center and NICU. Hope Smith, the Patient Services Coordinator at Duke, was kind enough to take us on a tour of the facilities. It was nice to get our bearings so we will know where everything is come January.

We are so thrilled with Duke; we can't wait to deliver there in January. Now we just hope that Claire will cooperate!

4 comments:

  1. So glad your visit went well. It is nice to have a plan to help ease your worries. I loved our experiences at Duke. We'll continue praying for your family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You guys have been on my mind, big time, since Saturday. I am thrilled by your encouraging news, and will pray that the good news continues.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really glad to hear everything went well Amy! Sounds like you've connected with a great group of medical resources. Welcome home:)

    KateO

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amy and Brad,

    Just found out through Linda Radcliffe all that you are going through. I am so sorry but from your blog I see that you've had a positive experience at Duke and things looks very encourging.
    I work in Durham and we live just 30 minutes away. If you need to use our home as a base camp at any time we have tons of space and extra bedrooms and bath.

    Here are some numbers and email
    Mary and Mitch at home 919 367 2558
    Mary's cell 919 946 7097
    Mary at work 919 683-5878 x 22

    marymc@nc.rr.com

    Please send our regards and invitation to your parents. we'll be thinking of you.

    Mary

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...