Sunday, October 3, 2010

Head and Shoulders, Knees & Toes


At our perinatologist visit last Tuesday, our doctor agreed to make us a CD of all of the ultrasound images he had taken thus far so that we could take it with us to Duke. Brad picked up the CD on Thursday, and we popped it into his computer to have a look for ourselves this weekend.


Most of the images are of Claire's brain and her left kidney (which has fluid on it, too). There are lots of measurements, and looking at the images serves as a reminder of just how much fluid there is and just how quickly it seems to be increasing.


However, there are also images of her little arms, her little legs, and her round tummy, taken (I presume) to measure growth in other parts of her body. She is largely on track, although she has short legs (no surprise there).


The best part about seeing these images is being able to stare at her little feet and imagine playing "this little piggy" with her toes, looking at her tummy and thinking about tickling it, and gazing at her hands and vizualizing being able to hold them. Brad and I can't wait to meet Claire, and we have big plans to show her how much we love her once we do!

8 comments:

  1. Head, shoulders, knees and toes - that's one of Cayman's favorite songs. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Baby hands are the best, second only to baby thigh rolls.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much Brad and Amy for your comment on Camilla's blog, your words made me cry happy tears. We TOO are praying for Claire daily and will continue! God is good and I believe you are RIGHT...our girls are going to accomplish much more than we probably can ever imagine. I sincerely pray Camilla Joy and Claire Elizabeth can meet someday and have a playdate. Stay strong! God bless!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Claire will love "This Little Piggy." I'm anxious to hear about your visit to the Pediatric Neurologist today. I pray the visit was a positive experience for all three of you. <3 KP : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oops,the pediatric neurologist consultation is tomorrow, Oct. 5th!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amie, I couldn't tell from your blog where you guys live. We live in Atlanta. It would be great to get Camilla and Claire together. By the way, my email is bgibbs73@gmail.com so if you are on Facebook, add me as a friend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think that the one (and only) perk to a high risk pregnancy is all the ultraound pictures! I never tired of looking at Miss Elisabeth before she was born and dreaming of holding her as you now dream of holding Claire. She is lucky to be going to such loving and devoted parents :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. awww. i love that last part about playing with her hands and tum and toes. so cute and wonderful and loving.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...