Sometimes, it takes a difficult day (like last Thursday) to really make me appreciate all of the blessings I have in my life: Great friends, a wonderful family, an incredible church, a sweet little girl on the way, and of course, Brad.
Since we learned of Claire's diagnosis five months ago (and really, even long before that), Brad has been an amazing husband. He has provided so much love and support and has done everything possible to make this pregnancy as easy as possible for me. He brought me crackers and ginger ale in bed every morning during my first trimester to help stave off morning sickness, he held my hand through many needle pricks (and apologized to nurses on my behalf for my foul language). When we found out about Claire's condition, he let me cry on his shoulder and reassured me that everything would be okay even though I knew he was struggling to believe it himself. He spent evenings and weekends researching ferverently and reaching out to other parents of children with hydrocephalus. And (though I am embarrassed to admit it), for the past three months, he has helped me put on my socks and shoes.
He never ceases to amaze me with the lengths he'll go to make sure his two girls are well taken care of. Case in point, a scene from tonight: A foot massage to help ease the discomfort in my swollen, "sausage-ankles."
I am truly the luckiest girl in the world.
You forgot to mention his dashing good looks and witty sense of humor. He will probably forgive you for that.
ReplyDeleteY'all are constantly making me laugh even when I am trying to pray fervently for all of you. Amy, no wonder you put up with him picking on you...he's obviously only doing that to put up a "front" for all that Sweetness! I think I told Brad months ago abt. how my pastor had me pray over each body part of Griffin, my 11 yr. old, and to be very specific in my prayers. I just want you to know I am doing the same for Claire and I know this sounds psycho but I love you guys and am praying for you all.
ReplyDeleteSausage ankles.. oh my! I bet you are just ready to get back to a somewhat normal life! Your blessing with be here soon...
ReplyDeleteI will keep Claire in my thoughts tonight!
The two of you make me smile.
ReplyDeleteI love it! Sausage ankles are my favorite... I remember those days.
ReplyDelete