We sure have been busy since my last post!
Here's the nutshell version of what we've been up to:
Christmas
We were discharged from the hospital on December 15th -- Just in time to finish up our shopping and enjoy cozy evenings by the fire watching our favorite Christmas movies. We had a lovely Christmas, and Claire got waaaay too many presents! (Surprise, surprise!)
Birthday
Claire turned 2, and we had a Sesame Street themed party, complete with a guest appearance by Elmo. Unfortunately, Claire was so excited she refused to nap all day, then crashed as soon as her party started!
G-Tube
Claire got a g-tube in mid-January. We're mainly using it for meds and to help her stay hydrated when she gets sick. She still eats orally for the most part. Her current favorite foods: Chocolate pudding and her daddy's chili!
Surgery was a cinch, and Claire recovered like a champ! She was in on a Friday and out on a Saturday night.
I can't wait to show you the cute g-tube covers and IV pole decorations Claire has amassed since her surgery. Count on us to make things fancy!
Valentine's Day.
We are getting ready for Valentine's Day around here. Claire has already laid claim to her daddy's heart, and I think he accepts!
So, there you go! We're alive and doing well and making the most of every day. I'll try not to be a stranger in 2013.




Yippee! I've missed your blogs!
ReplyDelete