Tuesday, July 23, 2013

There's Always a Way

(Please ignore the pout in this picture . . . Claire was angry about having gas.  
On an unrelated note, isn't her frown just the cutest?!)

As Claire has gotten bigger, she has started to outgrow some of her baby stuff, like her changing pad.  Once upon a time, I lived in fear of this eventuality, not knowing how I would find the things she needed when they weren't readily available at the nearest Target or Babies R Us. 

Luckily, as I have learned, there is always a way.  There are places like Etsy and people who know how to make things, like my friend Zoe

A few weeks ago, Zoe came to visit.  While we were out sightseeing, she accompanied me on a diaper change with Claire.  As I pulled out Claire's changing mat--now barely longer than her torso--I remarked to Zoe, "she has almost outgrown this thing . . . I have no idea where I can find a bigger one."

Zoe took one look, smiled, and said "I bet I can make you something."

And she did. 

Just last week, we received a neat little package in the mail, and inside was the changing pad pictured above.  The colors are beautiful, as you can see.  The fabric choices are even better!   On one side, there is durable, waterproof fabric.  (I'm sure there's a technical name for it, but I have no sewing talent, so I can't begin to tell you what it might be.)  On the other side, there is soft, minky-dot fabric. 

It's just perfect!

Above all, though, it reinforced a valuable lesson:  There's always a way!

(Now, if you like Zoe's stuff, go check out her Etsy shop!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...