Sunday, November 21, 2010

Santa Baby

It looks like we will be getting the best Christmas present ever! At our perinatologist visit earlier this week, Claire's vents measured 26 mm & 45 mm, and her head circumference measured 40 weeks, 1 day (10 weeks ahead), the size of that of a full-term infant.

While it's very hard to see such a rapid increase in Claire's ventricle measurements and head circumference, there is a silver lining that I'm clinging to: Our perinatologist and Duke OB have recommended moving up Claire's delivery from 36 weeks to 35 weeks. I will be 35 weeks the week of December 19th to 25th, so this means Claire will be a Christmas baby!

Aside from the vent and head measurments, Claire looked like the perfect baby on ultrasound. Her arms and legs are starting to look so pudgy, and she was moving around quite a lot! I could only feel about 30% of her movements, which I thought was strange, since she is getting so big! She currently weighs 3 lbs, 14 ounces, but I'm hoping to fatten her up before delivery by eating like a champion this holiday season. A second helping of my mother-in-law's macaroni and cheese? Don't mind if I do! Another slice of pumpkin pie? I'll take it!

We also saw her open her eyes during the ultrasound, and I swear she batted her eyelashes at us. As if she needs to use her charm in order to have us wrapped around her little finger!! The sonographer also pointed out that she was practicing breathing. Apparently little Claire knows that she'll need that skill sooner than expected! Keep up the practice, little girl!

11 comments:

  1. How exciting! These next few weeks will fly by! Can't wait to meet Claire (well, online anyway :))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Extra pie for you for Thanksgiving!!

    Isn't nice to have a plan? I pray the next few weeks go by smoothly and Claire has a safe arrival.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful Christmas present!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay!!!!! We get to see our Claire sooner. Now we will have two Christmas "babies" in the family.....Amy on the 16th and Claire a few days later. I'm so excited!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so excited for you and Brad! I can't wait to meet my new little cousin! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is wonderful that she is doing so well. I had Carly at the end of 35 weeks. It will be scary and wonderful all at the same time. I pray that her Dr's will be able to treat her appropriately. I can't remember if I've mentioned it or you commented on my blog about it but have you asked about ETV? Good luck and I'll be checking back often for updates!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a Christmas gift you will have...I cannot wait to see pictures of beautiful baby Claire. Rest assured that you are in a wonderful place to deliver her, the doctors will be ready to take care of Claire and of you in every way, and God will be with you all. I was so emotional during the c-section for Cami, but I felt God's peace. You will too. Hugs and love,
    The Van Amberg's

    ReplyDelete
  8. I missed this!!! UGH! hmmmmmm maybe she will be delivered on the 22nd? That is Lillians Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Zoe, if her lungs aren't mature on the 20th, she could be born on the 22nd! We have a niece that was born on the 22nd, too!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...