Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Just the facts, ma'am

Just a quick update on our perinatologist visit today . . .

Claire's ventricles have continued to increase. They now measure 55 mm and 33 mm. Claire's head circumference is also bigger, measuring 39.26 cm. (About the size of a 2 month-old baby.) She weighs 6 lbs. (It's all the guilt-free holiday eating I've been doing, I tell you!)

One bit of good news: We saw her practice-breathing again on the ultrasound. I guess those steroid shots are working. Either that, or she takes after me - I always like to make sure I'm prepared for what lies ahead. Assuming she keeps up the good work and her lungs are mature, she'll be here in less than a week! Can't wait!

5 comments:

  1. I am so excited for you guys. I can't wait to see pictures. I continue to keep you in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, less than a week now! That's great! So close to getting that blessed shunt placed and watching the numbers stop rising. It's a good feeling when that happens.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome! We can't wait to meet Claire and see pictures!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amy and Brad

    We are here and ready for whatever you need. A reminder that we have two bedrooms on the second floor. Amy, we are expecting your parents Sunday night.
    Phone numbers again-919 367-2558 home
    919 946-7097 cell Mary
    919 683-5878 x 22 office Mary
    email marymc@nc.rr.com

    Are there any errands I can run for you before you arrive? Will you be staying close to the hospital?

    See you soon?

    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amy- I've been thinking of you and Claire so much recently, and the women on Monday asked after you two! I cannot wait to see her sweet face (I know I'm on a long list of people excited for photos!)--- I'm sending on lots and lots of thoughts of a good, safe and uneventful delivery. As always, please let me know if there is ANY way I can be helpful. Go Claire go!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...