Saturday, February 12, 2011

Bath Time!

Tonight we gave Claire her first bath at home. I think she actually kinda liked it. Unlike her first bath (in the NICU), she didn't cry through it. She also refrained from pooping in the tub -the event that ended her first bath. Now that's progress!
Getting nice and clean . . .
We used a Euro tub, and it kept Claire positioned perfectly. We didn't even have to use extra towels (or receiving blankets) to keep Claire from sliding down. Thanks for the suggestion, Michelle and Dana! (And thanks for the tub, Kalee!) To bathe her, we used Huggies Calming Touch Wash, sent to us by our friends at Kimberly-Clark. (Thanks, Michelle, Ross, Chelsea, Brenda, Jackie, Sara, and Pam!)
All cozy, wrapped in my Lambie towel. (Thanks, Gran!)
In my jammies and ready for bed . . . (Thanks Miss Jean and Alicia, for the comfy jammies and hat!)
Wearing my "bear feet" slippers. (Thanks, Marlena!)


Good night, everyone!

6 comments:

  1. Aw, she's cute.

    We have the Euro tub too. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup, definitely still cute. And life is always brighter after a bath!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've just been using a bath sling for Marley. It seems to be working out okay! Claire is such a little fashionista! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just wanted to say, I am absolutely smitten with Claire!! She is such a cute little sweet pea :) I also wanted to say I am glad to "know" you and Brad. You are incredible parents and I am impressed with how gracefully you both have handled everything so far. I remember being so completely overwhelmed those first few months and am positive I didn't handle things as well as I could have. Enjoy that fresh, clean little sweetie pie!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello!
    Thank you for posting pictures of your sweet baby. I'm sorry if this is strange but I just wanted to say thank you for keeping this blog and I just felt like I should tell you so. I am 36 weeks pregnant with a baby with fetal hydrocephalus, and seeing pictures of your beautiful baby girl really helps get me through the hard moments when I wonder what's going to happen and if I can handle it. She is a miracle!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Mandi -

    Thanks for the note, and congratulations! Reading other families' blogs really helped me through my pregnancy as well. It gave me insight into what Claire's life would be like when she arrived. I'm happy to say that so far, so good! We have more doctors appointments than usual, and Claire's jaunt in the NICU was difficult at times, but we love her to pieces! I'll be keeping up with your blog to learn morebout the arrival of your little one. In the meantime, if you ever want to chat or have questions, feel free to email me at agrynol@gmail.com. Take care!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...