Claire has some appointments in Durham on Tuesday, so we made the 6.5 hour drive from Atlanta this afternoon. Unfortunately, Claire is at an age where she no longer can sit still for long periods of time, so our 6.5 hour drive turned into a 9 hour trip, as we ended up making many stops along the way to give Claire an opportunity to stretch her legs.
It's funny that a child who cannot yet roll or hold her head up still gets "squirmy" and fusses if she is confined to a car seat for too long. In a way, it sort of makes me happy to see her exhibit "typical" behavior, even if I feel guilty that she is uncomfortable.
Tomorrow we are having lunch with one of Claire's NICU roommates and her family, followed by coffee with a friend at one of my favorite places in Durham, Parker & Otis. I will have to try really hard to restrain myself from buying Claire a toy (or myself some chocolate) while we are there.
In between these meetings, I plan to squeeze in a little work . . . I was able to read some cases in the car on the way up here, and now I have to write a research memo summarizing what I read and analyzing how it applies to the client's business.
For now, I'm off to bed . . . we have a big day tomorrow!
No comments:
Post a Comment