Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Seizures, You Weren't Invited to 2012

Ugh! I was really hoping that Claire would start the year off on a good foot.

The whole week we were in Canada, she did really well - she was awake and alert and was largely seizure-free.

Unfortunately, her good luck did not last. On our last day in Canada, she had a rough morning--several violent, jerking seizures that earned her a hefty dose of Klonopin. The Klonopin did the trick and knocked her out.

When she woke up yesterday morning, she seemed to be having a better day - she was bright-eyed and energetic. She played in her little room and made all kinds of cute cooing noises. But last night, she started seizing again. This time, they were awful, breath-holding seizures. Luckily, she was able to fall asleep quite easily, and before we had to give her a Klonopin. (I hate drugging my child.) We were hoping she would be able to sleep it off.

She didn't. At 5:00 this morning, she woke up having more breath-holding seizures. We have given her another Klonopin and have called her neurologist. We are hoping he can suggest a tweak in meds that will knock these seizures out.

Seizures are so 2011.

5 comments:

  1. That just breaks my heart to hear that. You will be in my prayers this year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry to hear that!!! Hoping that the neuro can find the magic mix to kick them!!!!! Thinking about you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope everything turns out ok, keeping your little one in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Claire, is just beautiful! We're praying for you guys, hang in there. Although our daughters conditions are different, I can relate to the seizures and how stressful they can be for the whole family and how brave our little ones are to endure so much! Eva has had seizures since day one, she will be 3 in 3 weeks and everyday she has them, I see her and she is the bravest, strongest little person. Our children are inspirational, we will continue to have Claire in our prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so sorry--- Seizures make me so sad... sending our love and prayers! xo!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...