Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Family Night at Home

I'm writing a quick post about our night last night, not because anything special happened, but because it was just a plain old quiet night at home. On days in the future when I find myself feeling down about Claire's condition, I want to be able to look at this post and remind myself that there are plenty of bright spots, too.

So, on to our night.


I came home from work "early" (which, for me, means 7:30 p.m.) and made dinner while Brad fed Claire.


After dinner, Claire was being playful, so we practiced head control. (Sorry, I didn't get a picture.) She did so well and was able to hold her head up for long periods of time!



One of her favorite things to do these days is to push with her legs, so on a couple of occasions, I held her up and let her weight-bear on her legs. She did incredibly well! (Again, no pictures.)


Then, we played for a little while with Claire's drum.
I don't know if "drum" is the right word for this toy; it is the Manhattan Toy Noo Boo Pound-a-Sound. We bought it at the Center for the Visually Impaired's VisAbility Store, and it has been a perfect toy for Claire. She doesn't use the hammer; she uses her hands to push the little buttons. Each one makes a different sound. She really likes the sound that orange and yellow striped button makes. She always goes for that one and gets really excited whenever she hits it!



After a while, Claire grew tired of playing with her drum, so I decided to take her on a wagon ride around our house. Since Claire can't sit up yet, I had to come up with a creative way to help her sit up in the wagon. The set-up I came up with kind of reminds me of the Beverly Hillbillies.





Doesn't she look like "Grandma" sitting in her rocking chair on top of Jed Clampett's truck?




Then, it was time for bed. We gave Claire a quick bath, changed her into her PJs, combed her hair, read her a story, fed her a bottle with her medicine, tucked her in and said "goodnight."



Goodnight, Claire.



2 comments:

  1. Love those precious moments.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love that picture of her in the wagon! So cute!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...