Thursday, July 19, 2012

Wedding Weekend: The Arrival & Rehearsal Dinner

I'm still getting caught up on blogging about our recent adventures--our visit from the Sorensons, our trip to Nashville, and my brother'swedding in Winnipeg, Canada.  I'm still behind, but I'm catching up!

Last week, Brad, Claire and I traveled to Canada to attend my brother Ben's wedding.  We were so excited because several of our extended family members flew in from across the U.S. and Canada for the occasion.

We arrived on the Thursday before the wedding and were greeted at the airport by a sea of aunts, uncles, cousins, and other family members, several of whom we had not seen in years.  Claire immediately took to all of them, and I think everyone fell in love with her, too!

Claire with Aunt Karen

Just a few hours after we arrived, my immediate family had to leave for the rehearsal.   Ben's fiancee (now wife!!) Pam is Greek, so the ceremony was held in a Greek Orthodox church. 

Ben, his best friend Declan, and my other brother, Matt

My brother's fiancee, Pam. (Isn't she lovely??)

Pam's sister, Voula.  (Also lovely, no?)

My brother Matt's wife, Ashlyn.  (I just love this picture!)


We were so lucky that Ashlyn watched Claire, who was tired from the long day of travel, while we participated in the rehearsal.

After the rehearsal, we headed over to Pizzeria Gusto for the rehearsal dinner, which was generously hosted by Pam's brother, Angelo, his wife Kristen, and Pam's parents, Jimmy and Mary. 

I wish I had pictures from the dinner, but to be honest, I was too busy enjoying my Lucia Pizza and the good company of the rest of the wedding party to remember to take any.  

Take my word for it, though, it was a blast!

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...