Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Sorenson Visit: We Meet At Last!

 So, yesterday I promised to blog more about our wonderful visit with the Sorenson Family.  If you don't know them already, you can "meet" them here.


We first met the Sorensons almost two years ago while I was pregnant with Claire.  They have a little girl who has the same condition as Claire, and like Claire, is pretty darn adorable!

Several months ago, a number of families, including the Sorensons, made arrangements to "meet-up" in Nashville on the last weekend in June.  Nashville was chosen for its central location--with families coming from as far away as California, Idaho, Missouri, Nebraska, Ohio, Texas, Virginia, and Wisconsin, it was viwed as a place that was largely accessible to all.

As plans were being made, we invited the Sorensons to visit Atlanta, and they accepted. 

We decided to give them a warm welcome, so, since they had taken the red-eye, we made them breakfast. 



After breakfast, Donald and I took their girls, Alexandra and Lorelai, to Sugarcoat for a "princess pedicure."




The girls sported their crowns with pride--


Next, we visited the Fernbank Museum, and Uncle Brad got a little goofy--


Then, we went to Whole Foods and ended the day grilling bison steaks on our back deck.   Our first day together was every bit as fun as I had imagined!

2 comments:

  1. I am so far behind!!!!

    I love this post and it makes me ache to go back!!!

    (don't think I am beyond making a surprise visit sometime.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. p.s. Do you see how long QE's legs are in that first picture?!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...