Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Storytime

A while back, I wrote about Claire's communication and about how Brad and I were beginning to see signs that Claire understands the things we say to her.

Since that post, Claire has continued to impress us with her understanding of the world around her. 

She *loves* to be read to (just as I did at that age), so in the evenings, we try to have storytime.  Madeline and Paddington are among her favorites, but every now and then, I'll throw in a Dr. Seuss, just to keep things interesting.


"In an old house in Paris, covered with vines . . . "

She gets so quiet when I read to her, and just relaxes into my lap, listening attentively.  It is such a calm, peaceful time . . . often the perfect end to a busy day.

1 comment:

  1. Looking forward to reading to Claire in a few more weeks. I think that it might be time for her own library card.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...