Tuesday, December 24, 2013

'Twas the Night Before Christmas

Our Christmas Eve was filled with joy, family and fun.  Here are a few of the highlights.

Candlelight Service
Brad's parents joined us at our church's candlelight service.  I had the honor of participating in worship as a candle lighter, which meant I got to light others' candles and wish each person a Merry Christmas.  There is no richer blessing than sharing warmth and love with other people.  It was truly an honor! 


Claire Bear looked just adorable at church, all dressed up in her new winter coat!


"Okay"
During the service, Claire became quite restless and wiggly.  She started to vocalize, and I was nervous that the entire congregation would be able to hear her sweet little babbles.  I took her out of her chair and held her, but she kept wiggling and trying to talk.

Since I'm always encouraging her to "use her voice," it pained me a little to have to ask her to be quiet.  So, I took her hands and whispered in her ear:

Claire Bear, I just love to hear your beautiful voice, and I know other people do, too.  You sound just like a princess when you talk, and that's why we always ask you to turn on your voice.  

But, right now, we are in church, and we have to be very, very quiet.  You can use your voice when the service is over, but for now, let's be quiet, okay?

Then, ever so sweetly, Claire responded "kaaaaaa," almost as though she was saying "okay."

"#NaughtyList2014"

After church, we returned home to finish wrapping presents and wait for Santa.  Santa left lots of presents for Claire Bear and a stocking full of goodies for Brad.  As soon as Santa left, Brad dug into his stocking, and started to read one of his presents--a book on fitness.

So much for waiting for Christmas morning!

I joked that that sort of behavior will land him on the Naughty List for 2014!


So, that was our Christmas Eve . . . Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...