You are going to be SO blessed!
Even then, I don't think I would have known or fully appreciated just what that meant.
The other day, Brad, Claire and I stopped at Cracker Barrel for dinner on the way home from a birthday party. We don't have a Cracker Barrel near our house, so it's always a nice treat when we venture out. (There's just something about that Hashbrown Casserole . . . )
As we were finishing up, our server approached our table and told us someone had paid for our dinner. Apparently, a regular had seen us come in with little Claire and wanted to spread a little Christmas cheer.
I was so touched by their act of generosity. And, it wasn't so much the fact that we enjoyed a free meal as it was that we got to experience the pure joy of witnessing a random act of kindness.
Claire definitely brings joy to us, but she also brings out the best in other people. How blessed I feel to have a front row seat!
**Oh, and in sharing this story with my friend, Lisa, it seems she and her girls had a similar experience recently. Read about it here. Perhaps generosity *is* all the rage these days!
No comments:
Post a Comment