Thursday, May 5, 2011

Four Months

Claire turned four months old today! I can't believe how time has flown by! It seems like just yesterday that I was being wheeled into the OR anxiously anticipating her arrival.

The past month has been interspersed with good moments and bad ones.

First, the good. We have seen Claire smiling and laughing more this month. We love playing with her and introducing her to new stimuli. In Physical Therapy, Claire is working on head control, tracking objects, reaching, and rolling. I feel her little neck muscles growing stronger every day. Her head is quite large as compared with the rest of her body, so she still struggles to lift it off of the ground, but both her Physical Therapist and I can feel her trying to move her muscles in an effort to lift it up. Since practice makes perfect, we'll keep working with her until she gets it. We have seen her reach for objects a few times. It is still hard for me to tell whether her movements are purposeful, but her Physical Therapist seems to think that they are, so I'll take it!

Unfortunately, there have also been bad moments. After several weeks of seizure freedom, Claire started having seizures again. She now has them almost daily. They only last 10-20 seconds, and Claire continues to breathe, but they are still hard to watch. On a good day, Claire may have as few as 0-3. On a bad day, she may have as many as 8-9. Tomorrow, we are seeing Claire's pediatric epileptologist. I hope and pray that he will be able to come up with an action plan for treating Claire's seizures, since what we are doing currently isn't working.

Please say a little prayer for Claire tonight. Fewer seizures would make her little brain feel much better!

4 comments:

  1. Wow, four months already? It just doesn't seem possible. She's just amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy 4-month birthday, Claire! I am continuing to pray for you, Brad and Claire. When I am the one to put Palmer to bed, I pray for her out loud in front of him... even though he doesn't have any idea what I am saying, saying it out loud and in front of him feels stronger :) I know that God is hearing my prayers, and the hundreds of other prayers going up for your entire family every day. Best of luck tomorrow at the epileptologist... I'll pray again right now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for commenting on my blog. I spent some time reading about your precious Claire. I look forward to following your story. All the best!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...