Saturday, May 28, 2011

Breaking the Streak

After 18 glorious, seizure-free days, Claire's streak was broken this morning. She had 2 seizures while sitting in her bouncy seat, followed by a series of seizures about an hour later. Brad and I gave her a dose of Klonopin, the "rescue med" her neurologist prescribed. It knocked Claire out, and she slept for the rest of the afternoon.

She just woke up and is starving. Brad and I are taking turns feeding her a bottle. When she's finished, we plan to do some physical therapy exercises with her and give her a bath.

While I'm disappointed to see her seizures return, I'm reassured that she had such a long streak without them. I hope that we begin to see more space between her seizures . . . anything would be better than the daily seizures she had in April.

2 comments:

  1. Bummer. How is she doing the last few days? Has she stabilized again? Thinking of you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comment, Jean. She has stabilized somewhat. We started a new medication last week, and it seems to be keeping her seizures away. She still has a few small ones a day, but at least she is not having clusters anymore.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...