The past few days have been good ones for Claire. She has had only a few small seizures (1 per day instead of 8), and she seems to feel much better after she has them.
In physical therapy, we have been practicing rolling and reaching for toys, and we have seen her take several swats! At first, I wasn't sure whether her movements were purposeful, even despite reassurance from her physical therapist that they were, but after seeing her repeat the behavior several times, I'm starting to believe!
In addition, we saw Claire push her head off of Brad's chest for a few seconds yesterday! We are still working hard on head control. Claire's little head is still quite heavy and her body is quite small, so this seemingly small gesture was a big accomplishment for her!
My mother has been with us for the past week, and we have felt so blessed to have her here. She has helped take care of Claire (and helped us take care of ourselves) while I transition back to work. She is an incredibly selfless person and has shown me what unconditional love really is. I feel so fortunate to be her daughter. She is leaving on May 17th, and I can't imagine what it will be like without her here.
We have a couple of big days ahead of us. Claire has an MRI on Thursday so we can get a better picture of the "state of her brain." Doctors suspect she may have a malformation (or two), but the MRI taken at birth was inconclusive because her brain was so smooshed. Please say a little prayer that everything looks okay and that Claire continues to do as well as she has been doing over the past several days.
It makes me happy to hear of good days for Claire. Praying they continue!
ReplyDeleteSo glad about the good days! And I just wanted to say that, even if the MRI shows malformations, try not to over think it! Miles is missing a few parts of his brain, what's left is deformed and there's only about 1/3 of a "normal" brain left. So take the MRI with a grain of salt. Our Neurosurgeon always says- "just file the information away in the back of your mind and don't worry about it unless it presents itself as a problem in the future". Your Mom sounds amazing!! What a huge blessing :) Here's to more good days!
ReplyDeleteYay for good days! You all really deserve it! I pray there are many more good days to follow! I agree with Sherri... :D
ReplyDeleteThis is wonderful news!!! Go Claire!! :)
ReplyDeleteI love hearing about good days. I pray that you keep seeing more of these days.
ReplyDeleteHi Amazing, Special, brave, courageous Fighter!
ReplyDeleteClaire you are an inspirational hero.
My name is Jenna and I came across your site.
I was born with a rare life threatening disease.
www.miraclechamp.webs.com