This past Sunday, Brad and I were driving down Howell Mill Road and passed a bunch of colorful umbrellas. They caught my eye, and as I looked to see what the umbrellas were all about, I saw the following sign:
"Atlanta Food Truck Park, Open 7 Days."
A food truck park? In Atlanta? Open 7 days a week? Yes, please!
So, on Tuesday, Brad, Claire and I decided to check it out. It was every bit as lovely as I had hoped!
We arrived about an hour before closing. There were approximately 10 trucks there, with a good variety of choices.
Brad had a Pizza Cheesesteak, and I opted for Vietnamese Pulled Pork Sliders from Yumbii.
Claire couldn't decide what to get!
The park had lots of picnic tables and even games, like a bean bag toss, for people to play.
For dessert, Brad and I both had ice cream from Jake's. Brad had Red Velvet--one of his favorites as a good ol' Southern boy--and I had Cinnamon Buttermilk.
We will definitely be making this part of our regular routine this summer (and fal1)!
P.S. The only down side to the park, in case anyone with any clout is reading this, is that as currently structured, it's not very accessible. The park is really gravel-y, making it a rough ride in a stroller or wheelchair. It also has a few stairs separating the picnic table and game area from the food truck area, which would be hard for someone in a wheelchair to get down. Luckily, with Claire being so small, we were able to navigate them by picking up her stroller, but I wonder what we would have done had she been bigger. Hopefully, by the time she grows out of her stroller, the park will have some nice ramps!! : )
You forgot to mention Thursday nights - live music! That more than makes up for the lack of accessibility ;)
ReplyDelete