This past weekend, we went to the Peachtree Road Farmers Market with our friends Matt and Amber, and their adorable little girl, Addie. We met Matt and Amber through our church, but we actually knew of them long before we first shook hands. Brad's parents live in the same town that Matt and Amber grew up in, and as it turns out, we have a number of mutual friends. We have really enjoyed getting to know them over the past several months, and we love spending time with them!
We met at our house and walked to the market together. When we got there, things were in full swing!
As it turns out, it was 'Animal Day'* at the market, so several booths had animals. There were chickens, cats, goats, bunnies, and even a turkey!
*I'm not sure if it was really animal day, but there were a LOT of animal at the market on Saturday, including this lovely chicken!
Addie petting the kittens. I'm surprised that she didn't end up taking one home with her! I'm surprised that we didn't, either!
After a walk around the market, we had to cool off with a popsicle from The King of Pops.
There were soo many great flavors to choose from. Amber, Brad, and I had the Pear Vanilla, and Addie opted for the Chocolate and Sea Salt.
We were all pretty excited about our choices! Claire, on the other hand, wasn't sure quite what to make of this popsicle business . . .
. . . that is, until she tried it for herself!
Then, she couldn't get enought!
She was one happy girl! Though I didn't get a good picture, every time I would pull the popsicle away, she would stick out her tongue and start licking the air. I really hope I have not created a popsicle-loving monster!
After the market, Matt, Amber, Brad, Addie, Claire and I walked across the street and grabbed lunch at Fellini's Pizza, one of our favorite summertime hang-outs.
Luckily, we arrived early enough that we were able to snag a large table in the shade!
Thanks for the gift of a great Saturday, guys! Can't wait to do it again!
Popsicles are the one treat that Elisabeth can enjoy (in moderation - with a few licks here and there). So I think she would enjoy a visit to the King of Pops.
ReplyDeleteI also think I am going to need more than a week in Atlanta.
Yes, Lisa. Yes, you will!
Delete