Monday, May 7, 2012

Fun with the Foresters

This past Saturday, we were fortunate to enjoy another trip to the Peachtree Road Farmers Market, this time with our friends, the Foresters.   I first met Kim about a year ago when I stumbled upon her blog and read all about her daugther, Evelyn. 

Evelyn has faced some of the same challenges as Claire, and as I read about her journey, her family's love for her, and their efforts to help Evelyn reach her maximum potential, I knew I wanted to meet Kim.  Luckily, we lived in the same city and had a mutual friend, and with a few phone calls and emails, an introduction was made!

We always enjoy our time with the Foresters, so we love getting to hang out with them.  We hadn't seen them in a while, so we made plans for a get-together.  Kim loves to cook, so when she suggested the Farmers Market, I knew it was going to be a great day!

Evelyn--who is always very fashionably dressed--looked adorable in her blue and white outfit with frilly white bows in her hair.  Channeling "Fancy Nancy," she accessorized with a pretty pink parasol to keep her cool.  

With Owen in tow, one of our first stops was to the King of Pops for a popsicle.   Owen decided it was better to wear part of his than to eat it, I think!


Claire felt the same way, apparently.


And of course, we adults had to have popsicles, too! 



After the Farmers Market, we walked over to Fellini's for lunch. 


Kim and Daniel reminsced about trips to Fellini's during their college days.  Owen, meanwhile, decided to entertain himself by playing in the mud puddle under the table. 


Upon returning home, I put away the week's "haul" from the market:  Fresh yogurt from Atlanta Fresh Yogurt Company, a pound cake, home-made salsas from Zocalo, and pimento cheese and a baguette from H&F Bread Company.


Later in the afternoon, Kim and I went shopping together.  It was nice to have a little "girl time."

Thanks, Forester family, for a fun-filled Saturday!

1 comment:

  1. So, did you end up getting an island in your kitchen after all? (is that what your 'haul' is sitting on?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...