Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Mornings with Claire



My favorite time of day with Claire is first thing in the morning. She and I wake up around 8:00 a.m. so that she can have her morning bottle, which contains her morning seizure medication. Afterwards, we spend thirty minutes snuggling together before it's time to start the day.



Usually, Claire is quiet and alert during this time. She just sucks on her passy and stares at me. Sometimes, I'll stare back, but every once in a while, I'll find my eyes slowly closing as I try to catch a few more minutes of sleep.




Next week, I'll be back at work, so this routine will be reserved for weekends only. I will miss it dearly, but for now, I am trying to treasure these last few heavenly days together.

2 comments:

  1. I cannot imagine how tough it must be to think of leaving Claire each day. I know it's tough for a mother of a typical child. And how much more it is when you're a mama of a child that needs so much more care and attention. Thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too, am in awe of you going back to work! These babies capture our hearts, don't they?! I remember not wanting to go back to work more and more as each child was brought into the world. By the 4th, my husband almost had to push me out the door :) Enjoy those precious moments!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...