Monday, April 25, 2011

A Happy Easter

Claire's first Easter was wonderful! We celebrated with Brad's parents in Cordele, Georgia. Brad's brother, his wife, and his two little girls made the trip to Cordele, too. It was so nice to have everyone together under one roof. (It would have been even nicer if Brad's sister and her family could have made it, but they had other plans.)


Claire remained seizure-free throughout the weekend (yay!) and was bright-eyed in church on Sunday morning. She enjoyed listening to her Nana talk about jelly beans during the children's sermon and loved snuggling with several of the nice ladies at church. She was simply spoiled by the Easter Bunny (and by her friend, Kim Possible, who gave her a beautiful Easter basket filled with toys, books, and bubbles).


Today, however, hasn't been as good. Claire has had three seizures and has been quite irritable. She also isn't tracking with her eyes quite as much. Days like today are disheartening - I see the progress that Claire has made, and I want to build on that progress, but I feel like we are having to practice the same skills over and over again.


In spite of this, as I write this post, I see her sleeping peacefully next to me in her bouncy seat, her hands folded neatly on her stomach and her voice softly sighing, and I can't help but to enjoy this moment. She truly is a blessing - I love her pretty eyes, her long eyelashes, her little button nose and her chubby cheeks. My only hope is that she continues to grow and develop and to learn new things. My only promise is that regardless of whether she does, I will love her unconditionally.

7 comments:

  1. You are truly amazing!! Hang onto all of those thoughts. You are an inspiration to us all.

    Nan

    ReplyDelete
  2. just remember how long it took me to learn your practice and filing your documents correctly and what a pain I probably was learning something new and S M I L E ....Claire will learn to follow with her eyes, and she'll learn to grasp and she'll start smiling....you're a great leader, mom, teacher and an inspiration to her.......all will pass soon. Hugs and kisses for Claire. betsey

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful prayer is the prayer to have contentment. I am glad that Easter was good for the Gibbs clan. I think your little baby girl is a beauty too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you guys had a great seizure-free Easter. My prayers go out to Claire to keep the seizures away so she can continue to develop.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are SUCH an incredible mom and Claire is so lucky to have you! Thinking of and praying for you all constantly.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have such good feelings about you and your family. I know you are going to learn much, grow lots, and love deeper. All parts of the blessings showered along the way of God's journeys. Claire is a part of that. Beautifully and wonderfully made Claire. God bless you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That last paragraph made my heart swell with happiness, Amy.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...