Today, Claire turned three months old. What a milestone! A few things that Claire is doing at three months old: - Moving her arms and legs.
- Cooing. She is really good at cooing! She started making "ahh" sounds when she was six weeks old, then moved on to "ooo" sounds, now she is using "eee" and "iii" sounds. She even has "conversations" with us. They are so adorable!
- Turning her head from side to side. She does this well when I hold her vertically on my chest, and she has started to do it more and more when she is lying on her back or her tummy.
- Tracking with her eyes. She is getting really good at tracking. Her favorite toys to track are Jacques the Peacock, her black and white firefly, and her rattle.
- Opening and closing her hands.
- Putting her hands in her mouth. She started doing this when she was hungry, but lately, she seems to do it even when she's not. I guess she just wants to taste her fingers!
- Grabbimg her bottle while I'm feeding her.
- Holding a rattle when it is placed in her hand. I'm not quite sure if she knows that it's there yet, but she definitely holds on, even as she moves her arms up and down!
- "Touching" objects. She recently started putting her fingers on objects when they are placed next to her. She moves her fingers on and off of the object, not really "stroking" it as much as just sort of "touching" it. Since she seems interested, I have been trying to introduce her to new textures, like "soft," "smooth," "bumpy," and "ridge-y."
Not bad, considering that before she was born, one of our doctors told us that she would never breathe on her own, never eat on her own, and likely wouldn't survive past the neonatal period.
Her next trick (I hope) will be smiling. We have seen a few more smiles from her now and then, but we are hoping they become more consistent. Here's to continued progress!
Way to go Claire Bear!!! I wish we could lay Marley and her together so they could have conversations together!
ReplyDeleteWay to go Claire. - and her Mommy and Daddy too! I can't wait to see what she will do!
ReplyDeleteHappy 3 months Claire!!! I am so proud to hear all your accomplishments and can't wait to hear more :)
ReplyDeleteYay, Claire!
ReplyDeleteAmy - thank you for sharing your sweet daughter with us. I always check to see if there is something new with Claire. Her picture is right below my daughter Madeline's on the fetal hydrocephalus cord blood page, and in many ways she looks a lot like Madeline did at that age. Madeline is a year old now, and it really is amazing how much things change over time and seemingly all at once.
I too am so amazed at how well she is doing. Sometimes doctors are just too negative I guess so we won't get our hopes up to high. I knew she would be a fighter and improve every minute of every day - she is so beautiful inside and out - I vision her in a prom dress one day and then a beautiful flowing wedding gown next -- she's got her mom's big brown eyes - she's going to blossom into a real beauty. Go Claire.
ReplyDeleteI read all this and think wow! She's doing phenomenal.
ReplyDeleteMy husband and I were just reading this post,and we agree--Claire is doing awesome!!!
ReplyDeleteshe is amazing. you go, claire!!!
ReplyDeleteClaire is doing Great!!! She's Awesome!
ReplyDelete