Sunday, April 3, 2011

Cacao

A few weeks ago as I was driving home, I noticed a new store in my neighborhood. The name intrigued me: Cacao. I was eager to visit it. Only good things can come from a store named after chocolate, after all. Since the store is just down the street from my house, my parents and I decided to walk there one evening. Brad had finished work for the day, so he came, too. We arrived at the store not knowing if it would be open. (It was.) We went inside, and this is what we found:

A quaint little shop offering delicious, hand-crafted bean-to-bar chocolate in every form imaginable: chocolate bars, sipping chocolate, chocolate ice cream, and of course, chocolate truffles. The truffles came in such imaginitive flavors as orange rosemary, blueberry beet, and coffee cardamom. Pure heaven, right around the corner from my house!


When Claire gets bigger, I look forward to enjoying afternoons at Cacao, drinking thick, silky sipping chocolate and sharing tiny truffles. I hope she takes after me and likes chocolate!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...