Sunday, June 5, 2011

5 Months

Claire is 5 months old today! Where has the time gone? She is getting to be such a little peanut, and she's perfect to snuggle with!

She is still having seizures, although we just started her on a new medication (Topomax), and since then, we've noticed she has not had as many "clusters" of seizures. Still, I really wish her seizures would go away. I know she would feel so much better without them!

She has also been really fussy over the past two nights. I'm not sure what is prompting her fussiness, but she seems to start crying at around 7:30-8:00 p.m., and she doesn't stop until 11:00 p.m. Brad and I have tried everything: bottles, diaper changes, a warm bath, tylenol, gas drops. We have checked her temperature and her head circumference. We're coming up with nothing.

On the first night that this happened, we called her pediatrician and her neurologist. Her neurologist wasn't at all helpful. (He told us to call her pediatrician.) Her pediatrician suggested that we take her to the ER, but shortly after we spoke with him, she started calming down.

So, that's Claire for you - she keeps us guessing.

4 comments:

  1. Frustrating that seizures are still wanting to hang around. So sorry to hear that!!

    Cayman had an unexplained fussy time for awhile too. I remember it was ALWAYS from 2a.m. to 4 a.m. How exhausting that was!! I heard from many that it was "normal" for babies to have a regular fussy time for no real reason. And that seems true of Mr. Kobe as well. However, his fussy time is more in the late afternoon/evening. Which is much nicer than those early a.m. hours Cayman picked.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Claire had that time too. It was between 6-8 pm almost every night for about 3 weeks and nothing consoled her. I just learned to just try to comfort her and rock her while she screamed! It will eventually go away!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Kristen, I have heard that as well! I can't remember how old Norah was at the time, but there was about a 3 week stretch where she cried from 5-9pm every night, and nothing would make her stop... Fingers crossed it passes quickly for you and is nothing more than typical baby fussiness!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Marley gets fussy in the evening time. Usually a bath is the only thing that will settle her down. it kind of "resets her" or something. But it does happen about every night just as we all sit down at the dinner table, lol.

    I'm so sorry that Claire is still having seizures. You all remain in my thoughts and prayers on a daily basis, and I'm not just saying that. I really do think of you every single day.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...