Sunday, November 6, 2011

Claire's Main Diagnosis

Brad and I often joke that Claire's main diagnosis is bad luck. If there's a complication related to her condition, she'll experience it. If her condition can find a way to get in the way of other plans, it will.

We have been working hard trying to get discharged before 4:00 p.m. today so that she could participate in the FOCUS Fashion Show. We have been looking forward to this event for the last two months, ever since I signed Claire up to participate. We made shameless fundraising plugs, sold tickets, bought ads for the program, and went shopping at Belk to purchase the perfect outfit for Claire. It has been kind of a big deal around our house. We couldn't wait to get pictures of Claire and her physical therapist, Ms. Val, and we were so excited to see Claire's friends dressed in their modeling outfits.

Unfortunately, as bad luck would have it, the hospital has decided to keep us one more night for observation. Claire has been having several episodes that may or may not be seizures, and the doctors said they would be more comfortable having her here than discharging her. I can't say I'm not a little disappointed. I know we have to do what is best for Claire, and sometimes that means letting go of plans, hopes, and expectations, but gosh, I wish that *just once* things would work out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...