Wednesday, November 30, 2011

News, Weather & Sports

It has been a while since I have updated, and I'm so sorry to leave everyone hanging. I have a number of posts swimming around in my head: Posts about being thankful, posts about the kindness and support we've received from others, posts about one important way that Claire has transformed me. I had grand designs of writing all of these posts over the Thanksgiving holiday, but I also planned to spend a little time with family and friends, decorate my house for Christmas, work on my knitting projects (extra-challenging when you don't know how to knit!), and get my first compulsory viewing of Love, Actually out of the way, so not surprisingly, the blog did not get updated.


(I have a personal rule that I must watch Love, Actually at least 5 times each Christmas. Brad hates this rule, but I hate it when he watches baseball, and that happens more than 5 times a year, so I think we're even!)


When I last left off, we had just been admitted to the hospital with a suspected blood infection. That's a pretty bad place to leave people hanging, so my apologies again. As it turned out, Claire did not have a blood infection -- the blood culture gave a false positive -- but she did have a UTI, which doctors treated with antibiotics. We were discharged a few days later and got to spend Thanksgiving at home. (Hooray!)


Thanksgiving was wonderful. Because Claire had been discharged from the hospital only a few days earlier, we decided not to travel to my in-laws' house (a 3 hour drive each way), and instead my in-laws kindly came to us! We ended up having quite a crowd of family and friends at our house. Our house is tiny, so to this day, I have no idea how everyone managed to fit! Still, it was fun! And somehow, even though we only had a few days to pull everything together, we managed to have more than enough food.


Claire is feeling much better now, although she has started teething, which is really no fun! The only thing that seems to calm her is to gnaw on my finger. We have tried every other remedy in the book (frozen wash cloths, teething rings, teething tablets, etc.), but somehow none of them are as appealing to Claire as chomping on my pinky.


We have also discovered that Claire likes Strawberry Pedialyte. She can down a bottle of pedialyte in no time flat. Unfortunately, she now tries to push away her bottle whenever we give her formula. What can I say? My girl's got spunk!


So, that's it for the news. As for the "weather and sports": Weather-wise, after an unseasonably warm Thanksgiving, things have cooled down. We're looking forward to breaking out the winter boots soon. : ) And sports-wise: The Dawgs are going to the SEC Championship this Saturday. This could be awe-some!

1 comment:

  1. My mom learned how to knit from Youtube. She now knits little toboggans for the children at the Boehm Birth Defects Center here in Chattanooga TN. Hope the holidays are wonderful and that you get to spent some quality time with your family and friends during Christmas. Claire and your family are in my prayers daily.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...