Sunday, November 13, 2011

Strike a Pose, Claire!

Claire may have missed her fashion show last weekend, but that didn't stop her from striking a pose this Saturday for my talented photographer friend, Aharon Hill. Aharon is a reformed lawyer - she ditched her career as a commercial real estate lawyer to do something that made use of her creative talents. From the picture on the right, I'm sure you will agree that it was the right decision!

You may remember Aharon from this post. Or from the maternity shoot she did for me last year "on the house," after she found out about Claire's condition.

Originally, I had scheduled our shoot for last Saturday, but when Claire ended up in the hospital, Aharon was kind enough to reschedule. She was so wonderful and understanding about it, too. Saturdays are understandably prized photography slots, so when I called Aharon on the Friday before our shoot to tell her that we were still at Scottish Rite, I felt so guilty, but she took the news in stride, reassuring me that she didn't mind rescheduling at all and telling me that my cancellation was giving her the opportunity to spend a rare Saturday morning with her little guy, P.

Because Aharon knew I wanted a few shots for our Christmas card, she managed to squeeze us in between two other photography shoots yesterday. She had tons of great ideas, and she worked so hard to get some good shots of Claire, who was having an "off" day yesterday. She kept closing her eyes and would not smile at all. On top of that, she had an allergic reaction to something - her cheeks turned purple and looked mottled.

Aharon was so patient as we tried everything to get Claire to open her eyes, and she worked hard to get shots that didn't involve Claire's eyes. (She got a great picture of Claire holding Brad's fingers that turned out beautifully!) She sent us the photo above last night - taken as Claire started to open her eyes - and I just love it! You would never know that Claire was feeling terrible or that she had a purple rash all over her cheeks. (Thanks, photoshop!) If that isn't talent, I don't know what is!

I can't wait to see the full preview, which Aharon suggested will be available this week.

(Oh! And the blanket in the picture is one Claire got from the Center for the Visually Impaired. I continue to love that place!)

3 comments:

  1. Yeah, that is one very talented photographer!

    And Claire is so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwwwww, what a sweet post! Thanks to Claire for being such an exceptionally beautiful and sweet subject!!!I loved spending time with her on Saturday, and can't wait to see her again when she feels better. I think it is my fault that she kept dozing off, because I couldn't resist snuggling her to sleep :) P.S. I only lightly touched this photo up-- the blotchy checks were barely noticeable at this aperture and focal length :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...