Sunday, November 3, 2013

Halloween Highlights

Halloween has come and gone, but here is a last look at some of our memorable moments.

Memorable Moment #1:  Trunk or Treat


On Wednesday, we went to Trunk or Treat at our church.  Claire LOVED it!  She especially loved getting attention from so many church members.  They fawned over her peacock costume, told her how cute she looked, and gave her lots and lots of candy!

 Memorable Moment #2: Cotton Candy


While at Trunk or Treat, Claire tried cotton candy for the first time.  Judging from the way her little hand was trying to push the candy into her mouth in this pic, I'd say she liked it!

(Other favorite memory:  Before leaving the church, we got Claire's face painted--a pink spider web!)

Memorable Moment #3:  Halloween Night

(Claire trick-or-treating with daddy.  You can see her yellow head switch right above her forehead)

We spent Halloween night trick-or-treating in Peachtree Hills with some friends from church.  Our friends have young children around Claire's age.  The other kids were so sweet to Claire, making sure she got candy at every house and helping her activate her switch (on which we recorded "Trick or Treat!").  She definitely was made to feel like "one of the kids"!  We are so grateful for such wonderful friends!

(Another favorite memory:  Claire soon got the hang of her switch and just loved the attention she got from the grown-ups at every house.  Every time she hit her switch, the grown-ups would clap and praise her.  I think she was more motivated by the attention than the candy! 

At one house, a man was giving out candy dressed as a gorilla.  As we approached him, Claire quickly moved her head away from her switch.  When I tried to help her activate her switch, she refused to move her head and actually fought my efforts to turn her head back towards her switch.  I guess she was so afraid of the gorilla that she was planning to opt for "trick!")

Memorable Moment #4:  Halloween Candy


Claire loved her first taste of Halloween candy!  After changing her into her jammies, I let her pick one piece of candy to try before bed.  She chose a caramel milky way.  I think she liked it!

(Another favorite memory:  I let Claire choose her pajamas, as I do almost every night.  Rarely does she choose her orange trick or treat pajamas.  Usually, she goes for any other option!  After a fun Halloween night, however, she immediately chose her orange trick-or-treat pjs!

As I was changing her into her jammies, she let out the cutest giggle.  Clearly, she had a happy Halloween!)

Until next year!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...