For a long time before I became pregnant with Claire, I used to fantasize about bringing my future hypothetical children to the pool. I pictured Brad and me pulling our kids in the wagon we would buy, down the block and around the corner to the pool while our little munchkins clapped and laughed excitedly in anticipation of a fun day in the sun with their friends from the neighborhood.
When I found out about Claire's diagnosis, I questioned whether this fantasy, like many others I had for my future family, would ever become a reality. Would Claire ever learn to swim? Would she ever be able to enjoy trips to the pool?
I soon realized that many children with hydrocephalus swim, and some even use swimming as a form of therapy. And, while it's too early to tell whether Claire will be able to walk or talk or swim, I have come to believe that, even if she never does those things, there is no reason why she can't still enjoy a little fun in the sun.
With swimsuit season upon us, I thought it was time to find something for Claire to wear. I happened upon this little number in a shop near my house and couldn't resist:
It looks just like something straight out of the 1920's that one would see on the beaches of the French Riviera. Of course, I had to buy the matching bathing cap. After all, we need to protect the top of her precious little head from the sun, right?
And, since the outfit wouldn't be complete without the matching cover-up, somehow that ended up in my shopping bag, too.
Here it is put together, modeled by the prettiest little girl I know:

Tres jolie, n'est ce pas?
That is the sweetest ever! :)
ReplyDeleteThese pictures made me laugh out loud and brought happy tears to my eyes! She is just so darn cute! I'm sure that she will be the cutest babe at the pool. I can't wait to meet her in person.
ReplyDeleteThat is so stinkin cute!!! I love it. I have a swinmsuit buying problem with my girls!
ReplyDeleteOH! MY! GOODNESS!!! So cute!!
ReplyDeletetres tres beautiful for sure!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteI love Claire's new bathing suit - wow! and she's the perfect one to model it too - I just want to pick her up and love on her so much - give her a hug from BB
ReplyDeleteOh my gosh! I am dying over here!!!! That is the most adorable swimsuit in the history of swimsuits.
ReplyDeleteAnd you're right, even if she never learns to swim, she sure will enjoy spashing around!
I love it. She is going to be the cutest one at the pool.
ReplyDeleteeven though you don't know me, I know your aunt Susie. I would just like to say beautiful!!! Thanks for sharing!
ReplyDeletetrés trés jolie!
ReplyDelete