Thursday, June 23, 2011

Thankful



Claire's condition has made me realize how important it is to be thankful for every little thing in my life. When I was pregnant with her but before I knew of her diagnosis, I remember thinking of how perfect my life was: I had a great job, a great husband, a charming house in a neighborhood that I loved, and a baby on the way who was certain to be either a U.S. President or a professional athlete. I never imagined that my baby wouldn't be healthy. So many things I took for granted.

After spending a week in the hospital, I have come to realize how thankful I am just to be spending time at home. Brad, Claire and I are not crammed into some tiny 200 square foot room. I don't have to worry about leads or a pulseox when picking Claire up or changing her diaper. Claire's and my snuggle time isn't interrupted by nurses coming in to check vitals or chart feeds and diapers.

Yes, I am glad to have Claire home.

1 comment:

  1. I am so glad that you guys are home. Snuggle Claire to your hearts content with no interruptions :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...