Thursday, October 13, 2011

Five Words

I recently saw the question below posted to a Facebook group to which I belong, and it got me thinking:

If you were asked to sum up your marriage in the time since your special needs diagnosis in 5 words/adjectives, what would they be?

Here's what I came up with:

  1. Emotionally Fulfilling

  2. Laughter-filled

  3. Loving

  4. Team-oriented

  5. Emotionally-draining, at times

I asked Brad the same question, and below are his answers:

  1. Better

  2. Laughing (Which, he recognized, is not an adjective, but he wanted to convey that we try to keep things light when we can.)

  3. Teamwork (Also not an adjective, but you get his drift.)

  4. Proud (Also not an adjective, but we couldn't think of a better word to convey the feeling of being proud to be Claire's dad and my husband) (Don't you love this guy?!!!)

  5. Meaningful

What are your five words? Feel free to leave them in the comments - it will be interesting to see what everyone has to say.

2 comments:

  1. How does a Nana feel about having a special needs grandchild? (I know I didn't answer the question, but decided to answer my own question.)

    1. Blessed to be Claire's grandmother.
    2. Excited (to see what God's plans are for the future.)
    3. Love Claire beyond measure.
    4. Determined to keep believing in miracles.
    5. Proud of my son and daughter-in-law for being the parents they are to Claire.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That totally made me smile! (I had to add the word "totally" in there because the movie "Clueless" is playing in the background here :).) I'll have to think about my five while I get back to work cleaning my house.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...