Wednesday, October 26, 2011

I am Claire . . .

. . . and I couldn't let my daddy steal my thunder with his awesome blog post! (Even if it did make mommy and a bunch of other grown-ups cry!)

I just wanted to say, "Happy Hallowe'en, y'all," and show you how cute I look in my Hallowe'en onesie and EEG head-wrap (which makes me look like a mummy). Mommy made a cute bow for my hair, but since my head is all wrapped in gauze to prevent these silly wires from falling off, she just clipped it to my wrap. She's smart like that!

I also wanted to tell you that this ACTH stuff seems to be working. I haven't had a spasm since Sunday, and my doctor looked at my EEG today and said it doesn't look nearly as scary as it did when I came in on Saturday. Hooray!

I'm getting used to the needles, too. I don't even cry when I get them any more! Mommy is a different story, however. She freaks out a little every time she has to stick me. What a nut! She needs to be brave like me.

I'm so grateful that I seem to be heading on the right track. Let's hope this ACTH stuff knocks out my spasms, because I'm about sick of them. They made me forget all of the things I had learned, like head control and how to bat at my toys and coo. (Strangely, I still remember how to write - I hit that milestone really early!) If these things stay away for good, then there's a chance that I'll learn those skills again. If not, things could get tough for me, so please pray that my spasms stay away.

Speaking of which . . . thank you so much for your prayers, guys! I really appreciate them! They lift my mommy, daddy, and me up when we feel really sad about everything I've had to go through so far in my life. Let's hope I keep getting better!

Love,

The Claire Bear

5 comments:

  1. Way to go Claire! We are so happy for you up here in Washington State! We knew with the ACTH's help you could kick those sorry spasms goodbye!

    Keep on being beautiful and keeping your parents in line. And don't let your Mommy's fear of needles stop her from poking you a few more times!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All I have to say Claire is that your mommy and daddy has come a long way with doctors, hospitals and needles and stuff. You are a beautiful little girl and I have prayed for you even before you were born. Your Nana loves you more than you will ever know. Keep getting better and let's show the world how well you are going to do. The doctors don't know everything. You've already proved that. But God does and I know He loves you too. Hang in there beautiful angel.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Claire,

    I thought your dad's post was sweet, but oh my goodness, your post was absolutely the best! I am sharing all your posts to my Prayer Warriors and I know they are going to pray really, really hard to our Heavenly Father to help you get better everyday!

    We all love you,
    Sherry Hart

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh you are the cutest little Mummy ever!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...