Monday, October 24, 2011

Going Wireless

After spending two days hooked up to an EEG, Claire spent most of the day "wireless." Her EEG was unhooked at 9:00 a.m., and she spent most of the day with crazy hair. : )



Unfortunately, she also spent most of the day crying. And, when I say "most of the day," I mean that she screamed bloody murder from 9:00 a.m. until 8:00 p.m., with a 30-minute nap in between. I'm told this is quite common for kids on ACTH (the steroid injection she recently started taking for her Infantile Spasms), and it typically lasts through the course of the steroids. So, it looks like we will be dealing with an extremely fussy baby for the next month. I feel terrible for her, but I know it is helping her, so that makes it easier.



We will likely be discharged sometime in the next week, so we are hoping to line up some family and friends to spend some time with us over the next month to help relieve us. I have felt somewhat awkward asking for help for ourselves in this way, but I have been humbled by those who have expressed an interest in helping us out.



In addition, after yesterday night's "roid rage," Brad and I made pledges in hopes that our promises to one another will help us get through the month as a team:


  • Brad pledged to be more patient.

  • I pledged to be less sensitive.

  • Brad pledged to be less particular.

  • I pledged to be more careful.

  • We both pledged to walk away and take "5" if we feel our blood pressure start to rise.

  • We both pledged to forgive the other for walking away and taking "5" even if it comes at an inopportune time.

Please keep your fingers crossed that we can continue to adhere to these pledges over the next month, and please keep us in your prayers. Neither one of us is looking forward to a repeat of today, let alone a repeat of today thirty times over. But, we have faith that we will get through it and will be stronger for it.

3 comments:

  1. We are here for you guys. You are an amazing family. If you all need anything please don't hesitate to ask us. We are here to help.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for all of you to make it through this obstacle and get to the other side quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will definitely say a prayer for y'all because I know how much constant screaming can make my own blood pressure shoot through the roof. I'll definitely be bringing some meals by in the coming month!
    --Emily Wingfield

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...