Sunday, October 23, 2011

I Feel Ya, Claire

Today has been a little bit of a rough day for Little Miss Claire.

First, her friend Parker left to go back home, and Claire was sad to see her go.

If that weren't enough, she has been quite fussy and irritable for most of the evening. She has even cried real tears for us - something she rarely does anymore. When we expressed concerns about her increased irritability to her neurologist, he said it is quite common for children who take ACTH (the steriod Claire was recently prescribed) to experience "roid rage" - i.e., irritability that goes hand-in-hand with steroid use. Great.

On top of that, we have seen several complex partial seizures that look a lot like the ones Claire was having back in May, before she was hospitalized in June. They aren't the cute, laughing seizures that she sometimes has, either. They are the ugly, grimace-faced kind where she blinks and holds her breath. Yuck.

So, overall, not the best day, unfortunately. We are still thrilled with the care we are getting in Memphis, and we are willing to stay as long as we must to get these seizures figured out, but I just want my little munchkin to catch a break, ya know?

Update: Claire has calmed down a little, and we are enjoying a bit of quiet time. We have put on some mellow music and are sitting in the dark with Claire. The quiet time feels so . . . nice. I took the picture below because I thought it was so sweet. I hope I remember this scene forever.



Somebody's daddy loves them, don't you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...