I realized it has been a few weeks since I've updated, and while I (still) have many unwritten posts swimming around in my head, I've been so busy with work lately that I haven't had a chance to write.
Claire has been doing really well. She is seeming more and more like her "old" (pre-ACTH) self every day. She is vocalizing more, and I was able to capture a really cute video of her saying "hi" this weekend. I will try to add it to this post later.
She also seems to be smiling more, which has made me over-the-moon happy. Although she doesn't smile responsively just yet, she is definitely smiling. I may not know what she is smiling about, but at least I know she is content!
We just started taking her to Lekotek this month, and we all seem to be enjoying it. Lekotek is a monthly play therapy and toy lending library for children with special needs. Each month, the family meets with a Lekotek play leader for a 1-hour play session where they are introduced to toys that the child might be interested in. Families learn how to use the toys with the child and are able to keep them for a month. The following month, they return for another play session and bring the toys they were given at the last month's session to exchange them for new toys. Great concept, huh?
That's all for now. We are counting down the days until our trip to Canada. We can't wait to see everyone!!
No comments:
Post a Comment