Friday, December 30, 2011

Girls Day (Day 5)

On the fifth day of our visit, we spent the morning having coffee with an old friend. Claire decided to dress up for the occasion, sporting her new sweater dress from Uncle Ben and Auntie Pam and her polka-dot tights. Can you say cute??

My friend brought along her two=year old daughter, who is just adorable and who kept everyone entertained all morning long.

After coffee, I met another friend for a girls' afternoon. We had lunch at a neat little restaurant that my little brother always raves about. The food was delicious. Only after the meal did I discover that the chef was a high school classmate of mine, as was the hostess. It was so nice to see them both and to catch up. I love chance meetings!

Meanwhile, back at home, Gran and Claire enjoyed some quiet time by the fire.



. . . and a bottle.
Later that evening, Brad, Claire and I went over to my friend's house for dinner. She is a fantastic cook, and she prepared the best Turkey and Leek Pot Pie I have ever tasted. I'm embarrassed to say that I helped myself to thirds! (Not just seconds, but thirds!)



With as much great food as I have been eating, I sure hope my jeans still fit after this trip!

1 comment:

  1. Okay, first I will say Miss Claire is TOO CUTE! It sounds like you have had an amazing vacation with your family. What a BLESSING and wonderful way to ring in the new year! Love to you all!

    The V-bergs

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...