Claire received an early Christmas present: Her first adaptive stroller. (Read: Baby wheelchair.) She is about to outgrow her infant carrier, and with her low muscle tone and lack of head control, she needed something that would provide her with a little more support.I'll admit, at first, I was a little saddened by the fact that Claire would be getting a "wheelchair." Let's face it, it's not exactly a milestone I wanted to celebrate with her. But now that I've seen her in it, I'm so glad we have it. She seems so comfortable in it, and being upright has opened up a whole new world for her. I took her for a spin around our house today, and she kept turning her head back and forth and grinning as though she were seeing things from a whole new perspective!
The best part: Her chair comes with a tray! We can use it to help her play with toys, explore new textures, and work on arts and crafts.
What a great start to Claire's first Christmas!
She looks like such a "big girl" in her new wheels. With the head and body support she must feel so much more comfortable. I can understand your initial sadness, but, as you have noticed, a whole new "view" on life has been opened up for Claire. Rock those new wheels, Claire!
ReplyDeleteI sure hope that stroller can accommodate her snow suit!
ReplyDeleteCan't wait to meet Claire on Wednesday.
How awesome! And yes, she looks like such a big girl! Can't believe she's going to be 1 soon :) Merry Christmas!
ReplyDeleteAmy I, too, was a bit saddened when Jayden got his too but he loves it!
ReplyDelete