You see, over the past several months, we have been so fortunate to have experienced a tremendous out-pouring of love and support from many of the people who work with my parents. And, while Brad and I have previously met some of the folks who have been sending love, prayers, good thoughts, kind words, and generous gestures our way, there were many whom we had yet to meet in-person. Having been touched repeatedly by their kind gestures, Brad and I were both eager to meet them and express our gratitude.
Claire spent a lot of time snuggling with our friends. She seemed to enjoy being held, admired, and adored. I just hope that she doesn't let all of the attention go to her head!
During the party, we received an unexpected surprise. One of my parents' co-workers had taken up a collection to help Claire, and through the kindness of others, she was able to raise a subtantial sum to assist with Claire's care.
And, while, at first, I was somewhat hesitant to accept such a generous gift, since there may be others in the world who may need it more, I quickly realized that the money raised can go a long way toward helping Claire achieve the three goals we have for her:
1. Independence
2. Quality of life
3. Self-esteem
Brad and I plan to set up an account in Claire's name and use the funds to pay for therapies and equipment not covered by insurance.
What touched me the most was the fact that many of those who donated were people I have never even met. Never even met! Can you believe it?? I feel so blessed to have witnessed the goodness and kindess of others.
After the presentation, there were more guests to visit with. (And for Claire to snuggle with.)
No comments:
Post a Comment