This afternoon, Brad called me at work and asked what time I was going to be home. Good question, since I've been quite busy lately, and my usual home time has been around 10:00-11:00 p.m.
I told him I would be home at 6:00 p.m. and asked why it was so important to him that I get home early.
"Because I drove by a BBQ restaurant earlier today, and now I really want BBQ for dinner."
Poor Brad. As a Southern boy married to a Canadian girl, he almost NEVER gets to eat BBQ. Unless I am feeling particularly generous. Or if I want something. (Like, for him to accompany me to the Dogwood Festival, which, this year, takes place April 20-22. In other words, this weekend.)
So, our dinner plans were set. I arrived home at 6:05 p.m., and we loaded Claire up and headed off to Community Q BBQ in Decatur.
Brad was in seventh heaven. And, apparently, so was Claire. After feeding her peas and brown rice, I gave her small bits of my pulled pork sandwich. Upon her first taste, she squealed in delight and then nodded with approval.
Yep, she's definitely a Southern girl!

Aww, yay! Her Daddy's girl! :) You guys are incredible parents and she is a lucky girl to have you!
ReplyDeleteNow I"M craving BBQ! :) I'm so glad my little cousin is a southern girl just like me! :)
ReplyDeleteAwww man! Now I want some BBQ, too! I'm not surprised Claire loved it. After all, it is second only to bacon when it comes to "Good Meats." (With apologies to Alton Brown)
ReplyDeleteI'm with you, Amy. Not a BBQ fan. Glad Claire and Daddy can share that Southern love :) Too cute that it makes her soooo happy. xoxo
ReplyDeleteThis southern belle LOVES that Claire squealed with delight at her first taste of BBQ! Atta girl!!
ReplyDeleteSweetest southern girl ever!! Oh I love it :)
ReplyDelete