Claire can't get enough of the ER. We found ourselves back there today, after I saw what I thought were two seizures this morning. Unfortunately, the diagnosis this time was not "Paranoid Parentitis."
Instead, after checking Claire's shunt, placing a catheter to take a urine sample, and drawing labs, the ER doctor concluded that her seizures must be "breakthrough" seizures - i.e., ones that Claire's current seizure medication failed to stop. After consulting with the neurologist on call (who didn't even stop by to evaluate Claire), the ER doctor decided to increase the dosage of her Phenobarb, one of the two seizure medications Claire currently takes.
Claire is sleeping peacefully tonight, hopefully dreaming sweet dreams of lollipops and rainbows. Brad and I are trying to get some rest, too. Today took a lot out of us. Fortunately, someone from the neighborhood brought us dinner for tonight, so we did not have to think about what to make. I can't tell you how much we appreciated the dinner. After a long day filled with worry, it was exactly what we needed. Plus, it enabled us to focus on more important things, like holding little Claire and making her feel safe and loved.
I hope they can get her seizures under control. I'm sorry you are having to go through this. The ER is rough and the Dr's don't always do what you would like. Feel better Miss Claire!
ReplyDelete